The Biggest Office Moving Challenges and How to Avoid Them
Moving to a new office space is a complicated process, and it can be tricky to make a flawless move. With so much going on, there are bound to be a variety of challenges you face. Thankfully, recognizing these challenges will also make it easier to conquer them. From making an office relocation plan to working with a professional office moving team, there are many ways to prep for your big move.
At BRG Office Movers, we understand the concerns businesses face when moving offices, and we have decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes move into new spaces. Let’s take a look at some of the challenges businesses may face when moving into a new office, and our top tips for success.
The Risks of Office Moving
Assessing the risks you may face when moving offices will give you a greater chance of avoiding them. Here are some of the most common challenges companies face when moving offices:
• Reduced productivity. During a move, your employees may not be able to complete the same amount of work. One possible strategy to combat this is to encourage employees to work remotely during the move. You could also schedule the move over a weekend, especially if you have a long holiday weekend on your company calendar.
• IT complications. It’s easy for tech issues to pop up during a move. The easiest way to prevent issues is to ensure all your data and systems are backed up, then hire professional movers who specialize in IT moves to ensure your equipment and data are transferred securely.
• Forgotten logistics or items. When rushing to make a move happen, it’s easy to misplace essential items or forget to arrange logistical necessities, like requesting access to a service elevator. The easiest way to remedy this is to take your time when planning your move, and to maintain a comprehensive list of what needs to be done and when. Make sure to also communicate key details with your employees so they are kept in the loop.
• Injury and other safety risks. The best way to avoid this is to put safety first and prepare your employees effectively for the move. Educate your staff on safety procedures and provide proper safety tools for your team.
Preparing to Move: Tips and Strategies for Success
Office moving can quickly get overwhelming, but it can be easy if you just follow a few strategies for success. Here are some of our top tips for a smooth and successful office move:
• Create an office moving plan. Your best option for making your office moving process go smoothly is to create a comprehensive moving plan. Make a list of all the tasks that need to be accomplished by each team, and make sure you communicate the details of this plan with them.
• Set a realistic budget. Moving can be expensive, so it’s important to be realistic about how much it will cost. Don’t forget to factor in the costs of long-distance moves as well as any days your office will not be functional during the move.
• Plan for your new space. Do you know where the electrical and telephone connections in your new building are? Where will you store files or hold meetings? Deciding on a layout for your new space before you move is essential to a successful transition.
Trust the Professionals
Office moving can be a stressful process, but it doesn’t have to be. At BRG Office Movers, we provide first-class office moving services to assist you in your relocation. Let our seasoned professionals take the stress out of your next office move. Learn more about our office moving solutions or contact us to request a free office moving quote.